background

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Afton's All-Night Aftermath

Last night Thomas and Afton stayed up to watch the DVD "Cars." Thomas ran out of steam before the movie was over and hit the hay around 10:30. I lasted the movie, but when Afton started the bonus features I hit the wall and headed to bed at about 11:45. Afton was still going strong, and since it was Friday, I decided to let her stay up.

When I got up at 7:00 this morning and checked her room, she wasn't there. I found her draped across the loveseat (doesn't she look comfy?!), softly snoring, with another DVD of a Muppets movie playing in the background.

From the looks of the detritus in the vicinity of the DVD player, Afton had herself quite the "party" last night. I suspect she'll have a "sugar hangover" today.

I might be sent to "Bad Mom" reform school for letting my child do this, but it's worth it to me. I figure all of us need a "night off" now and then. I'm sure Afton will have lots to tell us when she finally wakes up. And hopefully she'll always remember how much fun it was to stay up all night watching movies and eating candy! I know I would have loved to do that when I was her age.

Life sure is uncomplicated when you're 9!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How funny! You went from being the "mean mom" to the "fun mom"!!

Karalee said...

I think she will be giving you a new title of greatest mom. What kid wouldn't want that freedom!