background

Thursday, January 29, 2009

January is CRAZY!

I never thought I'd say it, but January seems to be just as busy or even busier than my December was! Of course tax season is upon us, so that keeps me on my toes at work, but after work I'm still chasing myself around.

I did it to myself, as usual! I've still got Girl Scouts twice a month, but because we have a big event we're participating in in February, I added a third meeting. Then it's also time to sell Girl Scout cookies! So I spent a Saturday morning accompanying Afton around the neighborhood trying to drum up some presales. (If you want to buy some cookies here locally, call me! If you'd like to help Afton sell cookies by purchasing a box or two to be shipped to the U.S. servicemembers overseas just visit http://girlscoutsccc.org/ , click on the "Donate Cookies" link and enter Afton's name and troop number 60293.) Okay, the commercial's over!

Now add my college courses to the mix -- Accounting for Quickbooks one night a week (Thanks Kelly for helping take care of Afton for me!) and Accounting Procedures II on-line. (I add a third class in March, but I can't think about that right now.) I also have to find time to do the usual stuff -- laundry, cooking, etc. And then there's the extra stuff that just seems to come up...recertifying for my CPR/First Aid, scrapbooking night, reading at the library. And I thought I'd learned to say NO! Good thing, or that list would be interminable!

Anyhow, January's almost over and so I'm gearing up for more of the same fun in February. I feel like I'm living my life in "sprint" mode. Don't slow down and take a breath, you might not get something done. I will confess that last Saturday, in spite of my plans to declutter my closet, clean up my scrapping room, make Thomas's denim shirt (see earlier post!) and go through Afton's clothes I instead sat on the sofa, loom knitting scarves and hats and watching all the recorded programs I'd been hoping to get to. Throw in a nap and Thomas making supper and it was a great day! (Although my closet is still way overcrowded.) Guess I'll have to try and schedule in one of those down days again next quarter...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm exhausted just reading this post!