Afton turned 10! Wow, where'd that decade go? She's certainly growing like a weed, mostly up. I'm sure I'll be in her shadow soon enough.We celebrated several times. First Afton got to go to California Adventure with Dad on his birthday, then she and Kelsey and I went to California Adventure on her birthday.
To continue the celebration, on the Saturday after her birthday we had a great time at our own "Double Digit Diner." Several friends came over and we cooked up a storm. Here's our menu:
Oatmeal Bread
Vanilla Ice Cream
Deviled Eggs (ran out of time for these)
Friendship Cake with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Glaze (no glaze...time thing again!)
Cream Puffs
Chicken Pot Pie
Apple Turnovers
Shortbread Cookies
Freckled Lemonade
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
We made lots of good food, lots of great memories, and lots of dirty dishes. Wouldn't you know that would be the day our dishwasher konked out. C'est la vie!
Here's one of the favorite recipes for
Chicken Pot Pie:
1 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 or 2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
salt and pepper to taste
2 9-inch deep dish unbaked pie crust
Egg wash: 1 beaten egg with 1 tbsp water
Saute chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil for about 3 minute until light brown, add chicken to the first 4 ingredients. Mix together and pour into pie crust. Put top crust on pie, cut 4 slits in the crust. Brush with beaten egg wash. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Will make 6 individual servings, with top crust only.
Finally, to top off the month of birthday celebrations, Afton, Thomas and I all went to Disneyland together for the day. We had lots of fun but boy, did I ever need a nap! Too much celebrating...

2 comments:
You are so creative!! I love the "Double Digit Diner". I loved the slide show. What a lucky girl to have such a creative mom who plans such great parties!! I can't believe she's 10 yrs. old either - wow!! Wish her a late Happy Birthday from us. I want to go to Disneyland!!!! Maybe sometime we can meet you up there. I won't be going on my birthday this year :(
what a great idea! i love the pictures. are you trying to make me miss california? because it's working!!! i still remember that joint birthday party we had when we were there--lots of good memories, eh?
Post a Comment