background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yosemite in June 2011

Today a friend emailed me to ask if I'd posted directions for a sewing project on my blog.  Yep - back in 2009!  I was appalled to realize I haven't posted anything in over a year.  Whoa...Back in the saddle.  Hoping to at least hit this once a month...Stay tuned! 

In the meantime, I'm going to try to play a little catch-up on what's been happening in the past year.  This entry is obviously about Yosemite.  I took Afton and her friend, Amelia, camping in Yosemite for about 5 days the end of June.  I tried to get a valley campsite for a week, but we ended up in Wawona for 4 nights instead.  The river was so HIGH and our site was right next to it.  Nothing like a lot of "white noise" to lull you to sleep at night.  We did the typical camping things - fishing (river too high and fast to catch anything), hiking (I'm just not in good shape!), sight-seeing (too many sights to count), and camp cooking (my favorite part of camping!)  We had good weather most days, but did get rained out one night.  It made for an adventure, though, and we were quite pleased with how well we coped with tenting in the rain.  We even had an awesome hot breakfast in the rain.  Many campers had already bugged out the night before it rained...sissies!  All in all it was a great trip, and we brought back lots of memories.  And I'm glad we ended up at Wawona - we were able to have a campfire anytime we wanted to, which was especially nice on that cold, wet morning!
Nothin's bitin', but we look good!
Bridal Veil Falls
Hot cocoa & hashbrowns - yum!
Yosemite Falls
Hiking to Vernal Falls


Still hiking!
Fresh-baked brownies


Ahwahnee Hotel

No comments: