background

Friday, November 14, 2008

Crash, bang, boom!

Well, I can now say that Thomas is NOT the worst driver in the family. I hold that distinction! This morning in my haste to get on the road I backed out of the garage and misjudged the distance to our Honda Civic parked in the driveway. SMACK! I ran into the side of the car with the back of our van.

I feel SO DUMB! I can't believe I did such a stupid thing. Problem is, I always give Thomas a hard time whenever he gets so much as a scratch on the car. It is our NEW car, the one no one else had owned before us, and I wanted to keep it nice. But NOOOOOO, I had to smash it up this morning.

Afton was in the van with me and happily volunteered to hop out and see how bad the damage was. Isn't she nice? I made her stay put while I quickly hopped out of the van and surveyed the dent I'd made. The damage is certainly visible, but I don't think it's structurally unsafe. I'll take a photo and post when I get back to the house after work.

I dropped Afton off at school and headed over to my friend's house to finish up drypacking my flour and pasta. I told her what I'd done and stated that I hadn't even looked at the back of the van to see how bad the damage was there. She offered to look for me, and let me know how it looked. Well, to be honest, there isn't any visible damage. At least not beyond the already existing stuff. Didn't really make me feel any better though. She said she'd probably be like I am. We've agreed that we Libras seem to have a hard time forgiving ourselves...

However, now you can all tell Thomas what a good driver he is, and isn't he glad he doesn't often have to ride anywhere with me. Guess I better dust off my bicycle...Maybe I can do less damage with it!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh my goodness!! I'm not a Libra and I would have a hard time forgiving myself.

Karalee said...

I am so sorry. This kind of stuff eats me up. I am trying to learn how to better let things go, but I hear you....it is tough!