I must tell a little story about my dear hubby and his fantastic cooking prowess.
A couple of weeks ago we had decided to have tuna noodle casserole for dinner on Sunday. I had Afton gather all the ingredients and put the cookbook out on the counter so we could make it after church. Thomas went out to do his home teaching and I fell asleep on the couch (I seem to do that a lot on Sunday afternoons..sigh.)
When Thomas returned from his visits he did the most wonderful thing...he made the casserole. I remember hearing some noise coming from the kitchen, but drifted back into the land of Nod until he called us all together for dinner. The casserole was perfect! While we were enjoying our meal, Thomas confided a little secret with me.
Thomas: "I have a to tell you something."
Vicky: "What?"
Thomas: "This is the second casserole I made tonight."
Vicky: "Why?"
Thomas: "Well, the first time I didn't read the directions closely."
Vicky: "Oh?"
Thomas: "I didn't realize you had to cook the noodles BEFORE you put the rest of the ingredients in the pan with them."
Vicky: (trying hard not to laugh) "So what did you do with the first batch?"
Thomas: "I threw it out and made a new one."
Well, what can I say? He made dinner....TWICE!
However, the story continues...
Since my life is so crazy these days I've enlisted Thomas's help in meal prep during the week, too. One morning I asked him to make a crockpot lasagne recipe I had found. I even cooked up the sausage so he'd just be able to assemble it and let it do its thing. Then I headed off to work.
10:00 a.m. - the phone rings at work. It's Thomas.
Thomas: "Hi. I'm getting ready to make the lasagne."
Vicky: "Great! I really appreciate that."
Thomas: "So...do I need to cook the noodles first?"
Vicky: (Totally holding back the laughter!) "Nope, they'll cook in the crockpot. Good thing to check on though."
So now I think my poor man is "noodle" damaged. I bet he checks every recipe very carefully from now on... Just as long as he keeps on cookin'!
2 comments:
I think that's great he cooked!!
I don't know if my husband would have attempted the second try. Not without my help anyway. That's awesome that he's cooking, asking questions, and continuing to try.
Post a Comment