Well this one was totally uneventful. After another breakfast provided by La Quinta we headed out from Phoenix around 7:30 a.m. We headed west and drove straight through, only stopping for gas and food. When we stopped at the agriculture inspection station, we were asked to open up the back of the truck. The inspector asked if we had any animals back there. All I could reply was "I sure hope not!" We certainly didn't need to bring any of Florida's "wildlife" along with us to California. I have to admit I found it fun to see the looks on the various truckers faces when they looked over and saw a couple of women driving the truck. One FedEx driver had to make a triple take as he was passing...Guess we were just a little more interesting than your average moving truck/towed car ensemble. We dropped of the trailer in Chatsworth on the way by so we didn't have to figure out where to park it, and so that Marion would have use of her car. Then we arrived in Simi Valley around 3:15 p.m. The road trip is over and reality is back in business. It was sure a lot of fun (more than I could have hoped) and completely worth it to have Marion back in L.A.!
PS - we drove the truck 2,834 miles from Florida to California. Wow! That's a long way!
3 comments:
Amazing! Simply Amazing! I enjoyed following the trip with you. Where will Marion be living and working?
Welcome back Marion!! We've missed you. I've enjoyed reading about your trip Vicky, thanks for posting your daily updates.
I loved seeing you ladies in Phoenix! You both look great. I'm so glad Marion is back on this side of the country so we can see her more often. Thanks for sharing the trip with us. What is better than a road trip with a girlfriend??? NOT MUCH! :-) Glad you had so much fun. Can't wait to see you scrap it, Vicky.
Hugs,
Beth
Post a Comment