background

Saturday, October 18, 2008

September's come...and gone!

Who knew it was already the middle of October! Yikes. I'm just not good at this blogging stuff yet. Whew! September...

Back in school, for Afton and Mommy. I'm taking a couple of classes at Moorpark College to become a little more accounting savvy. Now both Afton and I have to be sure to get up and get ready for school at least three days a week. Just a bit stressful, as I'm not always as organized as I should be, and Afton can't get organized until her medication kicks in. Thomas is a great mediator on those days when I'm stressed, Afton is unfocused, and the house is in chaos.

Afton is now in GRADE FOUR! We were just looking at her kindergarten photos and can't believe how much she's changed. Wowee! She's so tall and grown-up looking. We are so proud of her and love how much she loves to go to school. I think school will be a bit of a challenge for her most of her life, since she isn't a "traditional" learner. But at least she still loves to go to school. Hope that continues to last.

September also saw the return of my volunteering at the public library doing storytime once a month. It's not much, but it's something I can do in the community. I even have a few "regulars" that are always there when I read and recognize me when they come. My new favorite kids book is "The Monster Who Ate My Peas" by Danny Schnitzlein. The kids and I both loved the story. Check it out if you have any fussy eaters at your house.

Afton and I are back in Girl Scouts again. In September we helped the troop earn their Junior "Local Lore" badge. Yup, we're done with Brownies and are now officially "Juniors." I've now been in the Girl Scout swing for 4 years and counting. Afton is still enjoying it, so we'll continue until she decides to step back.

For Labor Day weekend I went on a great scrapbooking getaway with a bunch of girlfriends. This year we all ended up in Palm Desert in a house that we rented over the internet. Thanks to Karalee we all had a great time, and were able to be out there for almost 5 days. I got plenty of work done on Afton's Brownie scrapbook and am now almost done chronicling her 3 years as a Brownie.

Labor Day weekend found Thomas and his buddy, Dave, at a heavy metal concert in Devore, CA (Don't ask, I have no idea where it is!) They both had a great time rockin' out to their favorite tunes, and Thomas got me a few photos so that I could do his own Metal page for the scrapbook.

Well that's about it for the September chronicle. Stay tuned for what's happenin' in October...

No comments: