background

Monday, October 27, 2008

Sew, sew, sew...

As many of you know, I love to sew and to scrapbook. I tend to do more sewing as the holidays approach, so guess what I'm gearing up for?! Oh yes, it's time to clear the paper scraps away and make room for the sewing machine.

On Saturday I was able to attend a 6-hour lecture/instructional course (AKA infomercial...lol) at the local Viking Sewing Center. Of course, the bulk of the day was spent learning how wonderful the latest Viking Diamond sewing machine was (only about $7500 new...), but I will confess I did learn some valuable stuff that I can do on my "older" Viking Designer II machine.


(If you're interested, here's a link to the new machine that's making me drool: http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/mediafiles/dd/launch/index_en_US.htm

I really enjoyed the day and it was made even better when I got home to a much tidier and cleaner house. Thomas had worked on the laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, and cleaned up a bunch of clutter from our living room, front hall table and our ottoman/coffee table. We had company coming that evening and he was so helpful to get the house straightened up before they got here.

But, now I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze all that sewing I want to do into my life. I've decided that I just shouldn't sleep! But then all I'll do is pick out all the mistakes I make when I'm not rested. I just need to be independently wealthy, or maybe just stop making so many plans to do so many projects.

Oh well, like I said...sew, sew, sew!

2 comments:

Karalee said...

What projects are on the adgenda?

Lisa said...

At least you are sewing. I have projects to do but I am too busy with grad nite contracts and planning the yearend banquet for the high school xcountry team oh and helping Alex with college applications that are all due soon!