background

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The craziness commences!

My mom always set the best example of how to overload yourself at Christmas and I'm following closely in her footsteps! Take today for example:

1. Wake up and get dressed.
2. Wake up Afton and make sure she gets dressed instead of playing in her room.
3. Afton has gotta show Daddy the cool Scottish Santa tree ornament we bought for him last night...minor detour.
4. Make breakfast for Afton, and repack her lunch.
5. Take Afton to school. (realize she forgot her lunch...see below)
6. Take Yankee for a walk around the block and run into Karalee so we can walk together and have a visit.
7. Come home and write my blog :)
8. Cut up polar fleece for the Girl Scout meeting tonight
9. Finalize the caroling and GS song lists for the GS meeting tonight.
10. Drop Afton's lunch off at the school office.
11. Go to work.

...interruption...remember to call Thomas and remind him to have Afton take out the trash before Choir practice...remind him to have Afton wear her white shirt and black skirt for dress rehearsal.

12. On the way to work stop at pet store and buy huge bag of dog food and a few extra goodies for later in the month...
13. After work rush over to the Stake center and pick up the Afton and the other 3 girls from choir practice dress rehearsal at 4:30.
14. Drop everyone off at their respective homes
15. Return home and quickly pack up all the stuff to take to the GS meeting
16. Pack up 8 place settings and Christmas centerpiece for the Relief Society social tonight.
17. Have Afton change her clothes and find her GS Junior vest...always a treat...
18. Drop Afton off at GS (I'm skipping this one because I have to set the table for the RS social).
19. Hurry to the church and set the table before everyone else arrives by 6:30.
20. Enjoy the RS social (if I'm not too stressed by then!).
21. Pack up the dirty dishes from the social and load them into the van.
22. Rush back to pick Afton up by 8:00 p.m. from the GS meeting at our neighbor's home.
23. Get Afton put to bed by 8:30 (right...lol!).
24. Search frantically for the missing Christmas gift that I bought months ago for my sister-in-law (it's gotta be here somewhere!!!!).
25. Wrap all the gifts for my brother's family and get them ready to mail to Canada.
26. Order the school photo enlargements at Costco on-line so I can pick them up tomorrow and enclose them in the package for Canada.
27. Put the last (hopefully!) of the Christmas stuff out and take empty boxes to the garage.
28. Collapse at 2:00 a.m. so I can start over tomorrow...

Sounds like I'm turning into my mother. And to be honest, I'm glad I am because I love who she is and how she has tried to always lead by example. If only she hadn't set up this particular "Christmas Custom!" Love ya Mom!

Now, let's see... tomorrow I need to go to Costco to pick up the photos ...

4 comments:

Paula said...

You forgot to add study for your tests next week. HA! I know how you feel it's crazy!!!!!

KMJ said...

Vicky, you are a WORKER! And you do a great job at whatever you do. I admire that. Enjoy checking your blog here and there when I have a chance. Do you ever wanna go camping with us again?!?!

Karalee said...

Well, at least you didn't end up having to wash the dishes you brought to the church. Small blessing in amongst crazy days.

Lisa said...

I hate days like this!!