background

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wheee! Happy Birthday to Meeeee!

Yup! As of October 15th I've now spent 45 years upon this ol' world. I don't feel 45, whatever that feels like, but it does give me the excuse to celebrate longer. At this rate when I'm 85 I'll start celebrating eleven months before my actual birthday.

This year I started celebrating in September when I asked for and received a Cuttlebug machine from Thomas. Then I continued to celebrate by ordering more (yeah! I ordered more!) Close to My Heart papers and other products. Now I can finally catch up on my card swaps for my card group. Several friends remembered my birthday, too, and I received several generous gifts of scrapbooking embellishments, Bath & Bodyworks hand soap (smells yummy!), and a beautiful Greek silver bracelet and earrings straight from Athens (my one and only dream vacation destination.) I also received that all encompassing cash, and some cool gift certificates. Wow! I made a haul!

The Saturday before my birthday Thomas, Afton, and I went out for dinner at Black Angus. I loved my prime rib dinner and we came home with a pile of leftovers, too. On my birthday Thomas went all out and bought my favorite cake from Plusko's bakery, that lovely and wonderful sponge cake, custard and whipped cream concoction. Divine, every bite. He and Afton invited another friend of mine over with her daughter and we all enjoyed our dessert that afternoon.

I really appreciate everyone's good wishes! I'd say that life at 45 is pretty darn good and I love where I am right now. I am so blessed by all the people that are in my life. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me.

2 comments:

Karalee said...

Happy Birthday shout out to you! Sorry that I am one of those unorganized friends who doesn't keep a calandar much and didn't remember your birthday.

Kira said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY just a little late. Your blog is so cute, and I truly cannot believe how big Afton is now. Geeze, she is grown up! Can't wait to keep up with one of my favorite families. :-)